In order to study the recruitment and selection process for a job, our teacher, Juan Pablo, asked us to look for a job advertisement. I chose «Sales Manager«.
The name of the company is not stated but the biggest ones in the UK are Tesco (£63.557 billion ), Asda (£22.8bn).
Then we had to design a job specification (the qualifications needed for that job, the experience and the personal qualities).
- Fluency in Italian and English is essential
- Knowledge and previous experience of working as a Sales Manager within the travel industry
- Knowledge and experience of managing key accounts
- Knowledge and experience of online travel, ecommerce, preferred but not essential
- Local market contact within assigned area preferred but not essential
- Available to travel at least 50% of time
- Full driver’s license
And finally, we had to design a job description (the duties, if the employee will have people in charge and how many, to whom the employee will have to report and ovey commands) and answer the following questions on the feet of the human resource manager.
- To manage, support, develop and maximise opportunities, revenue and profit with existing clients
- To acquire new clients
- To go forth as sales ambassador positively representing the company, increasing company profile and brand awareness within assigned areas/clients
- To provide input/feedback on Territory and support Territory Manager in achievement of Territory strategy, sales and company goals
1. Will this job be different from an existing job position or it is a new position?
No, it will not. It is just like any other sales manager with the exception that you are requiered to be fluent in Italian.
2. Can existing workers do these duties without hiring someone new?
They could but the employees would have a lot of work which might cause complaints to start appearing. So the company would rather have another worker than having unhappy workers that don’t enjoy their work. Having a nice atmosphere is very important for the company.
3. Would you change anything in the advertisement? Why?
I would include the duration of the job because perhaps someone is looking for a steady job but the one he or she applies for is just temporary.