Our teacher Laura, asked us to choose at least 15 words out from this list (Boy Wordle) and make clear examples in which the meaning is clear for you.
– Susan is very self-centered! She only thinks about herself, never about the others!
– Adam is determined. Whenever he wants something he won’t give up until he gets it, wheter it’s winning a football match or getting an A in a test.
– Lucy is gullible. If you tell her that yesterday you saw an alien spaceship land in your garden she’ll believe you.
– Henry is a weak-willed person because she doesn’t have the determination to continue with a difficult action.
– He is so filthy! He rearly takes a bath and he’s always with a horrible smell!
– Don’t ever do something bad to her because she’s very resentful. She’ll never forget it and probably one day she will get her revenge.
– He’s a very arrogant person! Last week he scored two goals and he kept bragging about it.
– He’s always socializing with new people and his never alone. He’s very gregarious.
Wrapping up the topic of Friendship, we will watch a segment of the movie Narnia. This bit of the movie shows us how to people from different worlds get to know each other and start building a friendship.
Spot the differences from the movie from minute 11:48 and from the dialogue that appears on pages 17 to 23 between Lucy and Mr. Tumnus.
DIALOGUE FROM THE MOVIE
DIALOGUE FROM THE BOOK
|Mr. Tumnus: You must be some kind of wolf.
||Mr. Tumnus: (…) should I be right in thinking that you are a Daughter of Eve?
|Lucy: I’m not a wolf! I’m a girl!
||Lucy: My name’s Lucy.
|Mr. Tumnus: You mean to say that you’re a Daughter of Eve?
||Mr. Tumnus: (…) you are what they call a girl?
|Mr. Tumnus: Yes, but, you are in fact human?
Lucy: Yes, of course.
|Mr. Tumnus: You are in fact human?
Lucy: Of course I’m human.
|Mr. Tumnus: What are you doing here?
||Mr. Tumnus: And may I ask, O Lucy Daughter of Eve, how you have come to Narnia?
Lucy: Narnia? What’s that?
|Mr. Tumnus: Everything from the lamp-post all the way to the castle Cair Paravel on the eastern ocean.
||Mr. Tumnus: (…) all that lies between the lamp post and the great castle of Cair Paravel pn the eastern sea.
|Lucy: Pleased to meet you Mr. Tumnus!
||Lucy: I am very pleased to meet you, Mr. Tumnus.
|Mr. Tumnus: Daughter of Eve from the far land of Spare Oom where eternal summer reigns around the bright city of War Drobe, how would it be, if you came and had tea with me?
||Mr. Tumnus: Lucy Pevensie from the shinning city of War Drobe on the wondress land of Spare Oom, how would it be, if you came and had tea with me?
Este é meu fotobabble de minha apresentação