We were asked to read the poem “Pike” and look up the words that we didn’t uderstand.
– Pike: a large fish that lives in lakes and rivers and eats other fish.
– Malevolent: causing or wanting to cause harm or evil.
– Grin: a wide smile.
– Grandeur: the quality of being very large and special or beautiful.
– Silhouette: a dark shape seen against a light surface.
– Delicacy: something especially rare or expensive that is good to eat.
– Lily pad: the large, round-shaped leaf of the water lily that floats on the surface of water.
– Weeds: any wild plant that grows in an unwanted place.
– Clamp: a device made of wood or metal that is used to hold two things together tightly.
– Fang: a long, sharp tooth.